PCC Structurals LPC-Steel Portland, Oregon 2018: April – September
Job Title: Dimensional & Metallurgical Engineer
• Conducted root cause analysis for part defects and nonconforming dimensions.
• Cutdown inspection time 12% by using statistical capability analysis for process dimensional repeatability.
• Decreased wax mold damage and improved operator safety by designing a fixture to lift and move mold.
• Implemented Lean Six Sigma to operator feedback reducing training time and inspection by 25%.
• Projects over 6-month internship resulted in ~$107,405 in company savings.
Benchmade Knife Company Oregon City, Oregon 2017: April-September
Job Title: Design Engineer / Project Manager
• Managed projects: Created BOM cost estimates and Gantt chart timelines.
• Coordinated with operators, engineers, and managers to get new product from concept into production.
• Led project milestone meetings, providing information to and collecting feedback from key stakeholders.
• Trimmed project timeline down a week by learning vendor process capabilities, lead times, and quality
Miller Timber Services Inc. Philomath, Oregon 2014-2016: July-September
Job Title: Firefighter Type 2 – Sawyer class A
• Performed direct and indirect attack tactics on multiple fire incidents.
• Collaborated with a diverse team to safely and effectively extinguish wild fires.
• Duties included: digging hand line, laying hose, performing burnouts, and falling trees.